Monday, June 21, 2010

The less serious stuff.

Currently listening to: Mae playlist

So, I had a chance last week to spend some time with a friend I haven't seen in a while. We chilled around town, watched some Doctor Who (best show evah), and did a little hiking. While we were hanging out I also got a chance to do some photography, which was very nice.

Here's a rule of thumb: If you're going to be photographing outside, the best time to do it is when the shadows are longer than you are--i.e. sunrise and sunset. These are the times when you have the most interesting light, and understanding how to use light is crucial to making quality photographs.

Well, I need to start packing. I'm leaving tonight to go help a boy scout troop with their summer scout camp. Being a leader will be pretty easy: I'll make sure they get up on time, make sure they go to bed on time, make sure they don't kill each other, and make sure they get to their classes after breakfast every day. Once they're all off at classes, I'll just be chillin' in camp with a good book, taking plenty of naps, and taking walks through the woods. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be back in a few days, so I'll give a quick report then.

Take it easy everybody!

--Matt (the guy in the hat)

No comments:

Post a Comment